Monday, January 27, 2014
Biggest Mistakes in Direct Selling
Whether you are new to your company, or a veteran, here are some mistakes we should NOT make as Consultants or Reps. These mistakes may cost you your success, take note of them and Don't do them!
Biggest Mistakes Consultants and Reps make with their business:
1. They do not listen to their calls and trainings. They get disconnected with their goals, team, vision and therefore get disconnected to their results!
2. They do not realize the power of setting goals. They let days and weeks go by without having clear, focused vision and goals and therefore don't achieve the ultimate success they want.
3. They make things more difficult than they need to. Keep things simple when selling, sharing, booking, branding, generating leads and team building.
4. They forget to invite everyone to either buy, host or join! Your audience won't know what you have to offer if you don't share the various opportunities. Hesitation can result in time and energy wasted.
5. They forget to attach samples to whatever leaves their hands. In the case of Scentsy Consultants, always attach a smell to everything, it's your best selling tool!
6. They try to figure things out on their own instead of calling on their support system and team. When you surround yourself with those on your team and those above you, you are constantly learning!
7. They forget to label everything. Everything that leaves your hands MUST be labeled. Brand yourself and generate those leads!
8. They rely too much on evites, emails, facebook for their parties. Always back up and follow up party invitations with phone calls, texts, and written postcards to add the personal touch!
9. They don't take advantage of the many ways to host parties. Remember using simple methods of partying will get you the same results and at times is less time and energy consuming. In the case of Scentsy, using Basket parties are such a simple and fun way of getting sales without hassle!
10. They don't use door prize slips to get new contacts! They tend to give out business cards but don't get any new contact information. Door slips are a great way to generate new leads. Follow up 5-8 times with each new contact.
11. They don't think presentation of their products is important. Presenting your orders and products in a nice manner will keep customers coming back!
12. They don't go the extra mile with their customers. Add a sample, spray your customer's bag, write Thank You on the receipt, do a customer incentive... any extra is always a good thing!
Positive thoughts turn to positive actions which becomes a way of life.
Go get it! -Michelle Perez
If you are looking for a Direct Sales Company, Scentsy Family is an amazing company with amazing leaders that are revolutionizing the market and are branching out internationally. I would LOVE to sponsor you on my team and train you and help you with your business!
Please visit my website and feel free to contact me, I'd love to hear from you!
Connect with me on Facebook