For all Direct Sellers, there are 5 negative actions, or DONT'S we need to avoid. If you find yourself doing one of these, then Stop! Think! and Don't! Just change the negatives into a positive and see success!
1. STOP over analyzing what you should be doing and just go do! When we think about the actions we should be taking, we tend to feel guilty about not getting it done. Stop thinking about what should be done and just get to going! Start with a list of 6 daily actions or spend your first 15 minutes in some Income Producing Activity and take that momentum into your day! Just Do!
2. STOP spending more time on the computer than meeting new people and making connections! The way to build a customer base and customer loyalty is to let people get to know us. A smile, a hello, a conversation, face to face, goes a long way. Get on the phone and call past hosts/hostesses and customers so they can hear a "live voice" and always have a smile even when talking on the phone!
3. STOP wasting your first morning hours on things that are going to stress you out or worry you. Spend your first morning hours doing things that will build your day, your momentum, that will get you into a positive mood. Read a book, pray, listen to music, write, do what you enjoy best during the morning hours instead of focusing on chores or things you "need to get done" but are not going to set a positive mood for the remainder of your day.
4. STOP saying you're trying your best and giving it your all, just get out there and do it. Show everyone how you're doing it. Lead by example and the rest will follow. If you just say you're trying your best, chances are you're not really putting all the effort you could be putting in by getting out there and doing!
5. STOP making excuses and over thinking why you're not working your plan, and just do it! If you need to follow up with customer calls, don't make excuses, just do it. Set a specific time daily or weekly and make the calls. If you need to send out customer emails, don't make excuses. Whatever daily or weekly Income Producing Activity you must accomplish to target your goals and plan of action, do it, don't hesitate, over think or excuse yourself.
Those were the 5 Don't s, now in case you haven't figured out what the 1 Do is, here it is: JUST GO DO!
"Successful people aren't born that way. They become successful by establishing the habit of doing things unsuccessful people don't like to do. The successful people don't always like these things themselves; they just get on and do them." -- Unknown
Positive thoughts turn to positive actions which becomes a way of life.
Go get it! -Michelle Perez